Want more top stories? Sign up here for daily or weekly newsletters with our top news.
Click on this link to view it — http://www.vokle.com/events/29660-interview-with-sue-frause-freelance-writer-|-photographer%22%3EDirect
Frause will be participating in the 2011 Olympic Tourism Summit which will be held on Wednesday, Oct.19, at Fort Worden State Park in Port Townsend.
The one-day event is sponsored by the Olympic Peninsula Tourism Commission.
Frause's words and images are published in magazines and online, and she's the author of a number of blogs: Whidbey Island Life in the Seattle P-I; Closet Canuck, about all things Canadian; and is the Seattle Travel Examiner for examiner.com.
She's also a regular contributor to Crosscut in Seattle and The Huffington Post Travel.
Sue is an on-air correspondent for Around the World Travel Radio and is a popular guest speaker on the topics of travel and other early delights.
The Washington state native has lived on Whidbey Island since 1975 with her husband, Bob. Sue enjoys travel, theater, movies, jazz, fine food and heavenly spas.
She's been to all seven continents, but wasn't really trying. It just happened.
At the tourism summit Frause and another media professional, Allen Cox, will be on a panel moderated by Christina Pivarnik, marketing director for the city of Port Townsend.
The basic topic for the travel writers panel is for tourism professionals to gain insight about how to best pitch articles to freelance writers and editors.
How do we get more "ink" about our destinations? How can we give you better "hooks" and pique your interest to write about us?
- What are some of the major travel trends you're seeing now that are different from a few years ago?
- What stories are editors especially interested in for spring 2012?
- You have a strong connection with Canada. How do you see the Olympic Peninsula best marketing to BC?
- What are your favorite travel stories to write?
- How do you determine your hook for a story?
- Do you rely on the local tourism PR folks to help with that or come up with the ideas on your own?