Fire destroys storage unit in Sequim

Peninsula Daily News

print Print This | Email This

Most Popular this week

Want more top stories? Sign up here for daily or weekly newsletters with our top news.

SEQUIM – Fire gutted a storage unit filled with furniture in the Sequim Stow Place, 741 N. Sequim Ave., on Wednesday.

Cause of the blaze was not immediately determined.

Clallam County Fire District 3 crews were called out about 5 p.m. after a report of smoke coming from the main block of storage units, according to Patrick Young, public information officer.

The fire was extinguished in about 30 minutes.

Firefighters used saws to cut open the unit's aluminum front door while another crew cut ventilation holes in the roof.

Young said the fire did not spread to the neighboring units, though they were damaged by smoke and water from the firefighters' hoses.

Sequim Stow Place is owned by Larry and Marilyn McHugh. Their son, Mark, said the destroyed storage unit had just been rented on Tuesday.

Last modified: March 06. 2013 9:12PM
Reader Comments
Local Business
Friends to Follow

To register a complaint about a comment, email and refer to the article and offending comment, or click here: REPORT ABUSE. comments are subject to the User Policy.

From the PDN:

All materials Copyright © 2017 Black Press Ltd./Sound Publishing Inc. • Terms of UsePrivacy PolicyAssociated Press Privacy PolicyAssociated Press Terms of UseContact Us