Peninsula Daily News
Want more top stories? Sign up here for daily or weekly newsletters with our top news.
Clallam Fire District No. 3 responded to the center at 2:46 p.m. for the report of a fire in the pool area, according to Fire District Public Information Officer Patrick Young.
Eight firefighters responded in an engine and a ladder truck to discover that a wall fan used to circulate air in the pool area had malfunctioned and caught fire.
Staff members at the center had used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire, which scorched a small section of wall near the water slide.
Firefighters examined the wall and its electrical outlet and determined it was safe to allow people to re-enter the building.
The evacuation lasted less than 15 minutes, and no injuries were reported.
The fan was destroyed and damage to the building was cosmetic.
No cost estimate was available for the fan or repairs to the wall.